From: Eric Woodruff (Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-06 11:33:03

I think it's very clear that C++ has an object and functional model hybrid.
We don't create objects with static methods every time we need to write a
new algorithm function. It's just the way of the language. We are used to
method calls, and functions that are generic of any object type... for some
things. The boost::function approach is the most natural and most generic
solution available without forcing the end user to create extra classes
simply to override "run" -- I think an inheritance approach would detract
from maintainability.