From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-08 07:44:52

My proposed release schedule for 1.29.0 is to branch for release next
Thursday, the 15th.

The actual release will then happen whenever the branch is stable, usually
about a week later.

For the last release, there seemed to be a tendency to wait for the branch,
then try to fix problems. That means the fixes have to be committed to
both the branch and the main trunk. Seems like it would be easier to fix
problems before the branch:-?

It is still up in the air as to whether or not the new Unit Test stuff will
be in this release. Gennadiy and I are testing with some success, but I've
set a requirement for merging unit_test_development of it working with
Borland 5.5.1, GCC 3.1, Intel 6.0, Metrowerks 8.1, and Microsoft 7.0. (If
it doesn't work, the regression tests don't work. That's why we have to
hold that library to a high standard.)

Please let me know if the above schedule isn't satisfactory.

--Beman