From: Lars Gullik Bjønnes (larsbj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-08 18:30:11

We are currently compiling LyX without exceptions and are thus
required to also compile Boost libs without exceptions. Some of the
boost libs already have preprocessor switches to accomplish this, and
some don't.

LyX does not use every Boost lib in exsistance so this patch will be a
bit limited.

However... We have decided that whenever a Boost lib would throw we
will assert instead. We realize of course that this is not the best
solution in all cases, but can be made to work with some extra effort
in almost every situation.

Anyway, this is the current difference between "LyX Boost" and the
Boost CVS for us to accomplish this. The user.hpp are mostly for
reference, apart from the BOODT_NO_EH_ASSERT macro, with is modeled on
the similar macro in Boost.Regex.

It would be really nice to see something like this taken care of in
Boost proper, so that we won't have to do our local modifications on
Boost files.

--
	Lgb