From: William E. Kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-12 10:39:17

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Bergman" <davidb_at_[hidden]>
> Bill,
>
> How can anyone find a killer argument? You have already stated,
> repeatedly, that you are forced to the design of yours because of The
> Standard and the underlying thread libraries... So, there is simply no
> room for a killer argument there.

If that's true, then there should be no desire by anyone to argue the case
here. But I'm not going to presume that I'm 100% correct in my
understanding of the issues. The problem is that everyone's been arguing in
circles instead of tackling the salient points for why I don't think there's
any other choice to be made here.

> That is what has been a bit irritating to some members here, that you do
> not simply state that your decision is (according to you) the best
> overall instead of your decision being the inevitable consequence of two
> other necessary factors: The C++ Standard and The Underlying Thread
> Libraries.

I don't get this. If I'm correct, then you have no reason to be irritated.
If I'm not, then you should be able to prove me wrong, so there should be no
reason for irritation there either.

Bill Kempf