From: Mitch Adler (Mitch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-12 16:22:07

Dale wrote:

>1) thread<void> threads call terminate(), thread<XXX> threads propogate the
>exception when join is called.

Propogating an exception in an different thread context than it started
in (different stack, specifically) is a hard, if not impossible, problem.

Just copying an exception so it will survive, typed correctly, the exit
of a catch clause seems daunting.

What mechanisms does boost.threads rely on/require such that this works
portably?

[I have skipped parts of the threads/exceptions discussion, so please
point me at the relavent postings if I've missed the discussion of this issue]

Mitch

--
Mitch Adler            "Could you please continue the petty
Apple Computer, Inc.    bickering. I find it most intriguing."