From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-12 18:13:07

"Thomas Witt" <witt_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Have a look at the attached program. Compile (SUBSYSTEM:console) and run.
It
> will create two files with filenames differing only in case. BTW this only
> works for NTFS (i.e. not for network shares).

Ah yes - FILE_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS. That does raise an interesting question
though:

This flag is provided by the Win32 API to allow programs such as
backup/restore programs to properly process directories containing files
created by POSIX programs, which may have names differing only in case.

Should the filesystem library provide access to such subtleties?

I'd be inclined to say no, but others might disagree.

-cd