From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-16 02:42:53

> The easy (and correct, for Boost, IMO) fix is to remove the JavaScript.
Now. Let talk about this. It there any real practical reasons for this
restriction?
In this particular case I am using JavaScript for two purposes:
1. To manage repetitive parts of pages. The same way as stylesheets allows
me to manage repetitive style definitions, JavaScript allows me to write
page header in one place and it automatically changed on all 12(for now)
pages. Without JavaScript this work would be 12 times bigger.
2. I am using JavaScript to allow switching between styles/layouts supported
by Boost.Test docs. Everybody have different tastes. I do not want to force
one fixed style if I could easily support several (at least 2).

JavaScript core is as standard as HTML. There are some
differences(unconformities) in latest standard implementation. But I will be
able to manage it.

Regards,
Gennadiy.