From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-24 08:20:16

From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> The alternative should be, IMO, a shorter name, not an acronym. If full
> word names can't be found, then abbreviations.
>
> metaprogram

My problem with "metaprogram" is that we already have the preprocessor
metaprogramming library, which is a separate domain. Metaprogramming is
broader than just what we can do with templates. If we were going to limit
metaprogramming support to the MPL, I might agree.

I agree in prinicple that acronyms are bad. However, I can't think of
anything better for this particular name. I also want to keep the aural
analogy to the well-known acronym "STL".

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting