From: Eric Woodruff (Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-24 11:41:04

It doesn't return. (In the case of the no_exceptions policy, the application
has terminated anyway.) That is not to say that threads with no return type
cannot or should not propagate exceptions. I understand that some rely on
the fact that join () returns a value to assume that the user will put a
proper try/catch around it -- or even call join () to not let the exception
die. But it is still a user responsibility and the user can choose to throw
exceptions why any return type.