From: Craig Henderson (cdm.henderson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-08 05:48:57

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

[snip]

> Well, in your expirience in may be used in complex diff related algorithms
> implementations. But in fact it is computing some sort of intersection
> between 2 sequences. Why should we name intersection difference. Don't you
> think it could be confusing?

Gennadiy, I'm not saying that we should. This is just the current name that
I have used, but am open to suggestions and discussion on it.

However, when naming the algorithm, we should bear in mind that the
algorithm can return the items that are to be removed from the first or
inserted into the second container in order to reconstruct the second from
the first. In this, it is more than _just_ an intersection.

-- Craig