From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-08 06:19:45

I think we should stick to radix 2 for starters
unless I hear some shouts for any other radix.

Itty Bitty Machines always were a bit odd!

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]

WE are all agreed on this and a switch seems the most attractive.
I can provide the intervals for any value of digits == number of significand
bits.
Are there any cases where numeric_limits<>::digits is unreliable.