From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-12 06:55:55

From: "Bohdan" <warever_at_[hidden]>
> "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > From: "Vladimir Prus"
> > This is quite repetitive and error-prone, but without
> reflection/metadata...
>
> Maybe stupid question, but: are there any reasons against
> reflection/metadata
> library ?

There is no difference. I'm already using my serialization framework for
reflection/metadata; you only need to write a suitable writer and serialize
the object into it in order to capture its representation. Once you have the
"metadata" (usually in some sort of a tree), you can change it and then
serialize the object back (property editor).

In the above I meant "without compiler support for reflection/metadata."