From: Mickael Pointier (mpointie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-23 03:49:28

> To be concrete, suppose I call 'rename' and it throws. There are at
> least to reasons of failure: (1) source file does not exist and (2)
> source and destination are on different drives/filesystems. In the
> second case I'd want to call 'copy', followed by 'remove'. However, how
> can I detect that the second case caused the error?

This kind of thing is supposed to be handled by the library user ?

I was thinking that the fact of using a real "rename" feature of the
underlying operating system, or to use a "copy+remove" functionality was of
the domain of implementation and should not be exposed to the library user.

Am I wrong ?

    Mickael Pointier