From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-09 10:54:30

< from gmane.comp.lib.boost.user >

Douglas Gregor wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 October 2002 07:14 pm, Brian Neal wrote:
> > I hope this is appropriate for this mailing list...
>
> Absolutely.
>
> > 2) Should there be (is there?) a central boost license that all boost
> > libraries have that we can point our lawyers at, instead of going to each
> > and every boost developer to get permission to use his/her library?
>
> There is no central Boost license. There are, however, license requirements as
> stated here:
> http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#License
>
> Each Boost library has its own license that _must_ meet those requirements. Of
> course, that won't satisfy the lawyers, so you'll probably have to send them
> the individual library licenses for approval.
>
> We really could do much better in this area: at the very least, we could
> provide a comprehensive list of the licenses for each library.

FWIW, my version of "at the very least" would be to adopt the following
"headers": < ala Doug Lee's http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/
oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.html >

/*
  File: blah-blah

  Originally written by <Booster> and released into the public domain.
  This may be used for any purposes whatsoever without acknowledgment.
  Thanks for the assistance and support of <Blah-blah>, and everyone
  contributing, testing, and using this code.

*/

regards,
alexander.

--
"Can I use this code in commercial products?
       Yes. Many people appear to do so.