From: Matt Sutton (matt.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-25 10:11:19

[snip]

At a minimum, we would need to supply an error criterion for case 3 as well,
with perhaps a suitable default value. From what I remember, exactly how
you compute the error within different algorithms can be a small bone of
contention among the purists. I don't know if delagating error computations
to a policy class such that users could supply specialized methods would be
overkill or not.

3. initial x, final x, error

Matt