From: Dave Gomboc (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-28 20:07:55

> Historical baggage ;-) It will be possible with V2 to use the lowercase
> version "jamfile", or even "jamfile.jam". And perhaps we should decide now
> what the preferred name for jamfiles should be from V2 onwards.
> Possibilities for V2 are: Jamfile, jamfile, Jamfile.jam, or jamfile.jam.

If using an extension, maybe .bjam to avoid confusion for Perforce
jam users on OSes that associate file extensions?

> >I've just spent about half an hour trying to persuade cvs to accept a name
> >change from is_POD.hpp to is_pod.hpp and so far I've failed: cvs keeps
> >issuing an internal assertion while trying to commit the version with the
> >new name. So for now the type traits lib is using is_POD throughout. Can
> >someone with a case sensitive file system see if they can make the change?

Maybe try renaming to is_pod_argh.hpp, then once that's done, rename to
is_pod.hpp. I've had a Windows system refuse to change filename case in
the past, and that's how I get around it.

Dave