From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-07 15:02:56

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | Well, in fact those subsequent paragraphs intentionally give very few
> | guarantee, and reinterpret_cast<void*> is exactly one of the cases
> | which are left unspecified (the guarantee of 5.2.10/7 concerns casting
> | to pointers to *object types*). So I guess there's not much room for
> | proving your equivalence.
>
> Clause 4 defines, among other things, what it means to convert a T* to
> a void*. Certainly, that clause defines implicit conversions; but it
> is not just about that.

Yes. But, as I said, here it's a matter of *how* do you do the conversion. As
to doing it with reinterpret_cast, 5.2.10/1 says:

   "Conversions that can be performed explicitly using reinterpret_cast
    are listed below. No other conversion can be performed explicitly
    using reinterpret_cast."

Where is it listed that you can do a conversion to void*?

Genny.