From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-09 09:31:53

> I did a bunch of testing on and porting to HP, but I wasn't using
> filesystem or the post-processing tools. If it's giving you trouble
> you might consider just using bjam to run tests for a while as you
> pick off the low-hanging fruit. It might well be that Filesystem is
> broken because of some simpler library it depends on.

At the moment I'm going for John's suggestion : compile the tools with gcc and
then proceed with aCC.

I had my own script to do all the work but I figured I might as well
use/contribute to the script in tools/regression/run_tests.sh. One question
though, the line :

cd $BOOST_ROOT/tools/build/jam_src && \
make CC=gcc YACC="" LOCATE_TARGET=bin

is giving me trouble due to the LOCATE_TARGET. This apparantly makes that the
sources are searched for in the bin subdir ?! Should'nt it be removed ?

toon