From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-14 12:33:49

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> (the previous message got truncated somehow, here is the
> complete text)
>

> Some time ago I worked on a library for parsing command line,
> and there was some interest for such a library. Recently I've resumed
> work on it, and believe it has now reached a mostly complete state.
>
> I would appreciate feedback on it, and plan to ask for a formal
> review unless some serious flaw are discovered.
>
> The sources and documentation can be found at:
[snip]

First of all, let me say, that I'm very interested in trying to use your
program_options library for our ongoing Spirit based C preprocessor
sample. So I've looked at your code immidiatly after your announcement.
I plan to more thoroughly test your code and design, but before that I
had to correct some compilation errors:

    cmd_line.hpp: 309: some missing std:: namespace qualifiers
    config_file.hpp:79: a missing std:: namespace qualifiers
    cmdline.cpp: 39: my compiler complains about a redefinition of the
default parameter
    cmdline.cpp: 164: void function may not return a value
    cmdline.cpp: 577, 605: missing return statement at the end of a
non-void function (warning)
    config_file.cpp: #include <cassert> is missing
    function_template.hpp: 324: void function may not return a value
    parsers.hpp: 120, 121, 129, 130, 137, 138, 144, 145: missing std::
namespace qualifier
    option_descriptions.cpp: 528: 'i' has already been declared in the
current scope (non-conforming compilers only)
    parsers.cpp: 180, 195: 'i' has already been declared in the current
scope (non-conforming compilers only)

After correcting these errors all compiles fine (I tried VC7.1,
IntelV7.0, Comeau 4.3.0.1).

Regards Hartmut