From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-14 13:41:30

Hartmut,

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> First of all, let me say, that I'm very interested in trying to use your
> program_options library for our ongoing Spirit based C preprocessor
> sample. So I've looked at your code immidiatly after your announcement.
> I plan to more thoroughly test your code and design,

That would be great!

> but before that I had to correct some compilation errors:
>
> cmd_line.hpp: 309: some missing std:: namespace qualifiers

Corrected.

> config_file.hpp:79: a missing std:: namespace qualifiers

Corrected.

> cmdline.cpp: 39: my compiler complains about a redefinition of the
> default parameter

And your compiler is right.

> cmdline.cpp: 164: void function may not return a value

Should be working as is, but corrected anyway.

> cmdline.cpp: 577, 605: missing return statement at the end of a
> non-void function (warning)

Not a problem, because all cases are handled in switch. I'll see if workaround
for the warning is possible.

> config_file.cpp: #include <cassert> is missing

Corrected.

> function_template.hpp: 324: void function may not return a value

Uhm... that's part of the function library... I believe it should be handling
void returns correctly. Do all compilers show this error?

> parsers.hpp: 120, 121, 129, 130, 137, 138, 144, 145: missing std::
> namespace qualifier

Corrected.

> option_descriptions.cpp: 528: 'i' has already been declared in the
> current scope (non-conforming compilers only)

Worked around. After all, this library should be usable mostly everywhere.

> parsers.cpp: 180, 195: 'i' has already been declared in the current
> scope (non-conforming compilers only)

Likewise.

> After correcting these errors all compiles fine (I tried VC7.1,
> IntelV7.0, Comeau 4.3.0.1).

Thanks for trying.
All the locations are updated. The summary of changes is in

http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/program_options/127.txt

I still don't know what to do about function_template.hpp problem.

Thanks,
Volodya