From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-21 12:52:02

Matthias Troyer <troyer_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I could get jam to compile and could start the
> regression tests with a couple of patches to Makefiles
> and scripts. Now I am stuck, since for each library the
> regression tests abort with an error message such as:
>
> *** Error: std::runtime_error:
> boost::filesystem::directory_iterator constructor:
> "/u/ph/troyer/boost/libs/type_traits/test/bin": No such
> file or directory
>
> Should these directories be created automatically,

Yes.

> or should they already be present? For now I can just create all of
> them by hand, but I would like to find the origin of this
> problem. Can anyone help me?

try bjam -d+2 to see what build commands are getting executed. You
should see some lines beginning with "MkDir1" followed by some lines
which are the commands used by the build system to create the
directories. If cray's OS is "special", we may need a section in
tools/build/allyourbase.jam which defines the right variables so that
it executes appropriate build commands.

--
                       David Abrahams