From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-04 19:39:58

At 05:52 PM 2/4/2003, Rene Rivera wrote:

>In a bout of cleaning, and wanting to learn about SourceForge file
>distribution... I put all the historical releases of Boost, and the
current
>also, in the SourceForge files distribution system.

Thanks! Looks great! I was wondering who added the other releases and the
bjam files:-)

> Also available now are
>bzip2 versions for those interested in smaller downloads. For details
see:

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7586

I'll add bz2 files to future releases. Could you send me a copy of the
script or command you used? My knowledge of bzip2 is exactly zero, except
that I do see cygwin has supplied a version for my Windows box.

Did you run the earlier ones with UNIX line endings?

The .bz2 files are so much smaller than the .zip that I wouldn't be
surprised if we get asked to also supply the untranslated line ending files
in the .bz2 format. We'd need to come up with a distinctive naming
convention.

>With this the historical releases that usually are available on the
>boost.sourceforge.net/release, are no longer. Now only the latest release

>is available there.

I've also been trying out the SourceForge release system with good results.
It's really amazing how much easier it all became after they improved their
docs.

Starting with the 1.30.0 release, the plan is to only make the SourceForge
file list the only download source. I've already updated more/download.html
in CVS.

>Now we are no longer overpassing the disk quota. And have space for those
>lovely pictures of people that was suggested be moved :-)

Yes, I'm planning to move those next week before the 1.30.0 branch for
release.

Thanks again,

--Beman