From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-05 16:52:49

Markus Schöpflin wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I recently reported the preprocessor bug that keeps BOOST_PP_EXPAND()
> from working to IBM.
>
> The example you gave here is preprocessed correctly by the Visual Age
> preprocessor for both version 5 and 6.

I don't have any version of Visual Age, so I've never been able to test on it.
What I know, from other people testing things for me, is that Borland
configuration works okay on IBM's preprocessor. The Borland configuration of
the pp-lib only works around one thing: placing the name of a function-like
macro in front of something that isn't a parameter list. In particular
something that is either textual or numeric, such as the example that I sent
earlier. So, I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. I suppose you could try
preprocessing the regression tests in the strict configuration of the pp-lib as
well as the examples in the reference section of the docs. In any case, it
might be the same type of thing as Borland, but only in certain context. I
can't test it, though, so I can't tell you for sure.

Paul Mensonides