From: Rani Sharoni (rani_sharoni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-06 10:28:26

Shame on me! I did saw 13.3.3.1/6 before posting my answer:
[...] When the parameter has a class type and the argument expression has
the same type, the implicit conversion sequence is an identity conversion.
[...]

It seems that overloading takes place before initialization. Initialization
requires additional overloading to select the best viable constructor. In
case that the first overloading required user defined conversion then only
standard conversions are allowed in the second overloading (core issue 84).
My solution relays on the second (initialization) overloading which makes it
(and VC) wrong.

I'll be very surprise if someone will solve your challenge.

Sorry for wasting your time,
Rani