From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-12 11:52:54

Beman Dawes wrote:

> Here is my list of outstanding patches and fixes. It would be great if we
> could resolve the bulk of these for 1.30.0.

I have also reported and not seen rejected:
(easily lost in the volume surrounding a release)

[2 Random fixes also required for Graph]

RCS file: /cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/random/uniform_smallint.hpp,v
retrieving revision 1.20
diff -r1.20 uniform_smallint.hpp
190a191,192
> #elif defined( __BORLANDC__ )
> typedef typename detail::uniform_smallint< boost::is_float<typename UniformRandomNumberGenerator::result_type>::value == false >::BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE impl<UniformRandomNumberGenerator, IntType>::type impl_type;

and

RCS file: /cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/random/uniform_int.hpp,v
retrieving revision 1.21
diff -r1.21 uniform_int.hpp
208a209,210
> #elif defined( __BORLANDC__ )
> typedef typename detail::uniform_int< boost::is_float<typename UniformRandomNumberGenerator::result_type>::value == false >::BOOST_NESTED_TEMPLATE impl<UniformRandomNumberGenerator, IntType>::type impl_type;

The __BORLANDC__ test should be replaced by a defect-tagging macro
covering Borland's inability to use BOOST_STATIC_CONST constants as
template parameters.

I also reported the following one-liner on the Spirit list last night:

RCS file: /cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/spirit/utility/scoped_lock.hpp,v
retrieving revision 1.2
diff -r1.2 scoped_lock.hpp
79a80,82
> #if defined( __BORLANDC__ )
> typename as_parser<ParserT>::type
> #else
80a84
> #endif

In this case, borland could not cope with a
fully-qualified-including-namespace typename for a template parameter.
Might be worth another defect macro

--
AlisdairM