From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 10:45:06

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> It looks to me like we should hold the lexical_cast changes until the
> next release. There are really two issues IIUC - some wide-character
> support problems and VC++ 6.0 support. While the wide-character
> problems might be possible to resolve quickly, VC++ 6.0 support is
> going to take some time to work out. Thus I think we should revert the
> RC_1_30_0 branch and move on.

<snip>

> Thoughts?

My only concern about this is that IIUC Bjorn has been making lots of
promises that the new lexical_cast was going to be in 1.30.0. I
don't want to break promises without due consideration. It might be
better to wait a few days to clear the issues, if it looks feasible.

One other possible approach would be to ship the new code in parallel
somehow, but that's pretty ugly.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting