Boost logo

Boost :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 10:45:06

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> It looks to me like we should hold the lexical_cast changes until the
> next release. There are really two issues IIUC - some wide-character
> support problems and VC++ 6.0 support. While the wide-character
> problems might be possible to resolve quickly, VC++ 6.0 support is
> going to take some time to work out. Thus I think we should revert the
> RC_1_30_0 branch and move on.


> Thoughts?

My only concern about this is that IIUC Bjorn has been making lots of
promises that the new lexical_cast was going to be in 1.30.0. I
don't want to break promises without due consideration. It might be
better to wait a few days to clear the issues, if it looks feasible.

One other possible approach would be to ship the new code in parallel
somehow, but that's pretty ugly.

Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at