Boost logo

Boost :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 10:30:32

Here is the current list:

* lexical_cast problems.
    Hold changes for next release?

* Regex "make boost work better" patch from Lars Gullik Bjønnes
    John Maddock says he will apply soon.

* [status/Jamfile] Jamfile patches for Borland
    Dave says factor commonality out into template.
    Too late for 1.30.0?

* [Boost.Regex] [PATCH] Fix GCC 3.3 warnings from Lars Gullik Bjønnes
    Awaiting response from John Maddock.

* Daniel Frey: provided a fix for some warnings in the type-traits
   (is_class/is_enum IIRC), John Maddock is aware of it AFAIK.

It looks to me like we should hold the lexical_cast changes until the next
release. There are really two issues IIUC - some wide-character support
problems and VC++ 6.0 support. While the wide-character problems might be
possible to resolve quickly, VC++ 6.0 support is going to take some time to
work out. Thus I think we should revert the RC_1_30_0 branch and move on.

I had hoped to tag for release early today (Thursday). But at the best we
won't be ready for that until later today.

I'm going to be out-of-town from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon.
Thus even if we tag for release later today, there isn't enough time to
prepare the release .zip/.gz/.bz files and upload them, update the web site
(which can take several hours), etc.

Perhaps the best plan is to leave the RC_1_30_0 branch open for changes
until Sunday, noon, US Eastern time, and then start the actual release
process then. But only seriously important fixes should be committed to
RC_1_30_0 between now and then.

OTOH, it's very tiresome waiting for these last minute fixes, which don't
seem particularly critical anyhow. Assuming lexical_cast is reverted, maybe
we should just go ahead with the release now.



Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at