From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 10:53:51

In article <u4r672skj.fsf_at_[hidden]>, David Abrahams
<dave_at_[hidden]> writes
>Kevlin Henney <kevlin_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>>on deficient compilers.
>>
>> Agreed. However, VC7 is not such a compiler
>
>Huh? VC7 not deficient?

Perhaps that claim was too broad ;-)

>It certainly doesn't support partial
>ordering.

True. But the ordering of definitions is such that it does work on VC7
(swap them round and it doesn't work). The error message indicated did
not seem to indicate that this was the problem.

>most-confused-ly y'rs,

In which case, it is clear that I must be imagining all the successful
compilations and test executions I have been having. My VC7 installation
is stable and hasn't been messed about with.

Even more-confused-ly yours,

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  http://www.curbralan.com fax: +44 870 052 2289
  Curbralan: Consultancy + Training + Development + Review