From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-16 21:20:18

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Both the main trunk and RC_1_30_0 are working fine for me as
> of Sunday 6PM US Eastern time.

If you look into error messages for 'is_class_test.cpp' on MSVC 6.5/7.0,
you'll see that they are not; the new failures are getting masked by the
fact that earlier the test failed at run-time, so it's not getting
highlighted as a regression.

> Today's Win32 RC_1_30_0 regression tests (just posted) are
> showing new fails for VC++ 6 and VC++ 7 on is_polymorphic_test and
> is_reference_test.
> Are these related to the is_class problem?

Yes. We need to revert 'is_class.hpp' to the 1.5 revision, both in the main
trunk and in the release branch. I am not sure what's the right way to do
that, though. I don't think we need to keep the erroneous version in the
history, although it's probably not a big deal. Could our CVS experts advice
on the situation?

Aleksey