From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-18 16:52:06

"Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk_at_[hidden]> writes:

> --- David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > Beman, here is an idea: I could check in the patch now and restart our
>> > multi-platform Boost.Python regression tests. When we hear back from David
>> we
>> > have the results already. Then we can decide what to do based on all the
>> > information that we have.
>>
>> You should do that. Beman has retired for the day due to a cold.
>> Let me know how the tests go.
>
> I've checked in the patch and we will restart the tests as soon as the
> Sourceforge server is cooperating.

Whoops, the patch is wrong.

This business:

 # ifdef BOOST_MSVC
 // MSC works without this workaround, but needs another one ...
-# define BOOST_PYTHON_OPAQUE_SPECIALIZED_TYPE_ID(Pointee) \
+# define BOOST_PYTHON_OPAQUE_SPECIALIZED_TYPE_ID(Pointee) \
 BOOST_BROKEN_COMPILER_TYPE_TRAITS_SPECIALIZATION(Pointee)
 # else

should be:

 # if BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC, <= 1300)
 // MSC works without this workaround, but needs another one ...
-# define BOOST_PYTHON_OPAQUE_SPECIALIZED_TYPE_ID(Pointee) \
+# define BOOST_PYTHON_OPAQUE_SPECIALIZED_TYPE_ID(Pointee) \
 BOOST_BROKEN_COMPILER_TYPE_TRAITS_SPECIALIZATION(Pointee)
 # else

Otherwise, it will break vc7.1 I'm fairly certain.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting