From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-19 16:35:52

>From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> At 03:13 AM 3/19/2003, Terje Slettebø wrote:
>
> >Ok, it seems we may have to exclude wide character support for
> lexical_cast
> >on MSVC 6, to avoid breaking Date/Time. I suggest something like:
> >
> >#if defined(BOOST_NO_STRINGSTREAM) || \
> > defined(BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING) || \
> > defined(BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE) || \
> > defined(BOOST_NO_CWCHAR) || \
> > defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC <= 1200)
> >#define DISABLE_WIDE_CHAR_SUPPORT
> >#endif
>
> OK, the full Win32 tests are posted. The date-time tests are now passing.
>
> lexical_cast_test itself is failing for VC++ 6.0. See below.

I see from the CVS that the above has only been put in the header, not the
test, as well. It needs to be in both. If it's just in the header, it'll try
the wide character tests - on a header that has wide character conversions
disabled - a recipe for disaster. ;)

I've tried the above for both the header and test on MSVC 6.5, and it passes
with no errors here, 82/137 tests (the rest are omitted by the above test).

I've done the above changes on the lexical_cast test, and committed it to
both the trunk and 1.30.

The last item on my "checklist" posted earlier was to remove the
BOOST_WORKAROUND's (which used to be for MSVC 6 and g++ 2.95), as they are
not needed, and I did that, as well, before running the test.

Also, since the regression tests doesn't test for g++ 2.95, on Windows, I
guess there's no need to set "expected failures" for that compiler, after
all. It works without errors on g++ 3.2.

Regards,

Terje