From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-24 09:17:55

> The combining iterator is another iterator adaptor. It
> holds a boost::tuple of iterators. Moving the
> combining iterator in any way causes all member
> iterators of the tuple to move in parallel. Upon
> dereferencing the combining iterator, the dereferenced
> values of the member iterators are supplied as
> arguments to a client-supplied n-ary functional, and
> the return value of the functional is returned. The
> combining iterator is thus a "higher-dimensional
> transforming iterator."

Sounds great. Since the functionality is a direct generalization of
transform_iterator, I'd prefer to use the name transform_iterator and
either (a) switch entirely to your combining_iterator implementation or
(b) give transform_iterator_generator the brains to switch between your
implementation and the existing implementation based on the number of
iterators being adapted.

        Doug