From: Remy Blank (remy.blank_REMOVE_THIS_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-27 12:14:24

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:40:26 -0600 (CST), "William E. Kempf" <wekempf_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Problems building:
>
> * On Mandrake 9.1 I had no issues.
>
> * On Cygwin, I get the result:
>
> xslt-xsltproc bin\gcc\debug\boost.docbook
> 'XML_CATALOG_FILES' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>
> XML_CATALOG_FILES=catalog.xml xsltproc --xinclude -o
> bin\gcc\debug\boost.docbook
> C:\cygwin\home\wekempf\boost/tools/boostbook/xsl/docbook.xsl
> src\boost.xml

XML_CATALOG_FILES={something} xsltproc ...

This is bash syntax for temporarily setting an environment variable for
the duration of the xsltproc program run. Are you using bash on Cygwin,
or the normal cmd.exe shell? The latter probably doesn't understand this
syntax.

> .....failed xslt-xsltproc bin\gcc\debug\boost.docbook...
>
> I have the following installed under cygwin:
>
> libxml2 2.4.23-1
> libxslt 1.0.13-1
>
> At this point, I have no clue how to diagnose the problem.

Probably not related to any of these.

HTH,
-- Remy

Remove anti-spam sequence in reply address for a timely response.