From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-27 12:41:12

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, William E. Kempf wrote:
> Documentation nits:
>
> * "and including that Jamfile in the list of Jamfiles including for
> testing" under Testsuites... should be "included for testing".

That's one seriously ugly sentence I wrote. Fixed now. Thanks.

> * Navigation links have broken images. Probably only an issue on your web
> server, right?

It's not quite that easy. Some of the stylesheets just "guess" at the
relative location of $BOOST_ROOT, and they guess wrong. This information
is easy to get in Boost.Build, so I'll pass it through to the stylsheets
and correct this ASAP.

> * The documentation on modifying user-config.jam doesn't make it clear
> that you don't need to do *any* configuration if you wish to just let the
> build process pull the stylesheets off the Internet.

Hmmm, good point. I've just added a section on configuring for local
copies of the DocBook DTD and XSL stylesheets, and I just reference that
section in "Getting Started".

> Problems building:
>
> * On Mandrake 9.1 I had no issues.
>
> * On Cygwin, I get the result:
>
> xslt-xsltproc bin\gcc\debug\boost.docbook
> 'XML_CATALOG_FILES' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>
> XML_CATALOG_FILES=catalog.xml xsltproc --xinclude -o
> bin\gcc\debug\boost.docbook
> C:\cygwin\home\wekempf\boost/tools/boostbook/xsl/docbook.xsl
> src\boost.xml
>
> ....failed xslt-xsltproc bin\gcc\debug\boost.docbook...

Looks like I can't set an environment variable that way in Cygwin (or in
Windows without Cygwin, for that matter).

        Doug