From: David Brownell (david_brownell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-31 17:21:43

When using the current version of the boost threads DLL, the thread DLL
appears to link with the DLL version of the RTLs. While this works on the
machine that compiled the exe, it does not work when moving the exe to a
different version of Windows. For example, I am developing on a Win XP
machine, and when I build an exe it works fine. When I move that exe and
the threads DLL to a Win2K machine, the thread DLL is trying to link with
MSVCP70.DLL (and others), which aren't available on Win2K. So, I would like
the threads DLL to link with the standard RTL libs rather than the DLL
versions. Any ideas on how I can do that through the jamfiles?

In killing two birds with one stone, I would also like to know how to change
the name of the threads DLL. I tried to modify line 48 in thread's jamfile,
but that didn't seem to work.

TIA,
David Brownell