From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-31 18:09:12

>From: "Alisdair Meredith" <alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden]>

> I see that this has been the topic of much discussion lately, but just
> confirming this little warning from the regressions has not snuck by
> unnoticed:
>
> # 'boost::bad_lexical_cast::what()' hides inherited virtual function
> 'std::exception::what() const'
>
> [const missing, to state the obvious]
>
> This apparently only affects 3 compilers on Windows, haven't
> cross-checked the other platforms.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's fixed now.

Yeah, oddly enough, this gave no warning, even when running on the highest
warning level, and strict mode, on Intel C++ 7, and MSVC 6/7.

Also, the tests only checks that the exception is thrown when it's supposed
to, it doesn't check what().

Regards,

Terje