From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-15 02:02:02

May I take this opportunity to clarity that my VERY PRELIMINARY DRAFT proposal
is for some functions to support Statistics beyond mean and sd - Student's t,
Fisher, Chisquared etc.

(Not to be confused with Walter Brown's recently accepted Standard library
additions for some math oriented 'special functions' which in turn add to the
C99 additions also recently accepted. Both of these sets are reasonably easily
implementable and so like to become Standard).

I hope Boosters can produce some implementations of the more difficult
Statistics functions which will help persuade the Standards group to add them in
the _NEXT_ round of changes. (Things that are to difficult to implement are
unlikely to be accepted as Standards).

I am sure that both groups will be in separate header files, probably split into
a few headers?

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
Mobile mailto:pabristow_at_[hidden]
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]