From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-21 18:41:57

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> >Well, Comeau in strict mode (--a) defines BOOST_DISABLE_WIN32, so it
> should
> >never include any Windows header. That's because we know that Windows
> >headers can't be compiled in strict mode, can they?
>
> Greg Comeau has been working on getting the Windows headers to work
better,
> and has asked for error reports where there are still problems. It may be
> that we will have to disable --a on certain compiles, but I don't want to
> do that unless Greg says it is necessary. The primary advantage of adding
> the Comeau compiler to the mix is to get its strict error checking, but
> that would be defeated by turning off --a.

I agree we should not turn --a off. Instead, which are the libraries which
does not honor BOOST_DISABLE_WIN32 and still include windows headers? I
think we should fix those. To do tests, we can comment the definition on the
macro within comeau.hpp, but since it's enabled now, I guess those libraries
should be fixed.

Giovanni Bajo