From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-21 14:59:33

At 01:25 PM 5/21/2003, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> * Causes a few tests which use Microsoft headers to fail with errors
>> which actually should be just warnings with --a option. This has been
>> reported to Comeau.
>

>Well, Comeau in strict mode (--a) defines BOOST_DISABLE_WIN32, so it
should
>never include any Windows header. That's because we know that Windows
>headers can't be compiled in strict mode, can they?

Greg Comeau has been working on getting the Windows headers to work better,
and has asked for error reports where there are still problems. It may be
that we will have to disable --a on certain compiles, but I don't want to
do that unless Greg says it is necessary. The primary advantage of adding
the Comeau compiler to the mix is to get its strict error checking, but
that would be defeated by turning off --a.

--Beman