From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-08 21:13:24

At 01:57 PM 6/8/2003, Gennaro Prota wrote:
>On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:56:53 +0100, "Paul A Bristow"
><boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>If someone would like to do this, I'd be grateful.
>>
>>(Memories of how to use commandlines and CVS have decayed).
>
>IIUC, the boost sandbox is, so to speak, a more precious resource than
>the Yahoo files section. So, unless there's a need to "develop there"
>(for instance because many people should simultaneously work at the
>files, or because it's appropriate to have a record of all the changes
>and who made them) the Yahoo section or any private web spaces should
>be preferred. It seems a waste to use a cvs repository just to provide
>a place to get things from. But, maybe, the policy is different and I
>don't know. It would be nice to have a confirmation. I'm sure Beman or
>Dave can give it.

What Daryle is talking about is not the sandbox CVS itself, but
boost-sandbox project web space that you get from SourceForge, separate
from the CVS. We use that space on the main boost SourceForge project for
publishing daily regression tests, for example.

Yes, it would definitely be a good idea. It means that those wishing to
grab code for a review do not have to deal with yahoogroups.

--Beman