From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-09 12:10:01

Edward Diener wrote:

> Do realize that people are different and that my programming preference is
> almost always to use a GUI interface over command lines as long as the GUI
> interface lets me do what I want to accomplish. Of course I write actual
> code in a fancy editor just like everyone else ?g?. I will dig into the .pdf
> version of the link first, although my initial reaction to CVS was not
> joyful, but I am sure it can not be that arcane to use.

I am the same, guess I come from the GUI generation <g>
[Which probably means I learned to write code on Windows]

I had no problem bringing down the boost libraries through WinCVS
though. I simply copy/pasted the 2 commands given with the SourceForge
docs into the Admin | Command line box. I don't care so much what they
did (I can work this out if necessary) but from now on I can snchronize
with a single click, and never need visit the command line options again
<g>

As Dave says, I am missing a lot of the power of CVS hiding behind the
GUI, but for now I am not desperately missing those features either.
Maybe if I needed write access?

--
AlisdairM