From: Greg Comeau (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-14 16:48:29

In article <4.3.2.7.2.20030521155306.01d89238_at_[hidden]>,
Beman Dawes <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>At 01:25 PM 5/21/2003, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> >Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >> * Causes a few tests which use Microsoft headers to fail with errors
> >> which actually should be just warnings with --a option. This has been
> >> reported to Comeau.
> >

> >Well, Comeau in strict mode (--a) defines BOOST_DISABLE_WIN32, so it
> >should
> >never include any Windows header. That's because we know that Windows
> >headers can't be compiled in strict mode, can they?
>
>Greg Comeau has been working on getting the Windows headers to work better,
>and has asked for error reports where there are still problems. It may be
>that we will have to disable --a on certain compiles, but I don't want to
>do that unless Greg says it is necessary. The primary advantage of adding
>the Comeau compiler to the mix is to get its strict error checking, but
>that would be defeated by turning off --a.

Beman is correct. I would like to keep an open mind about
a possible windows strict mode (wict?, stwict, whatever),
but equally, I'd be glad to postpone my brain explosion if
windows.h is actually unnecessary :)

--
Greg Comeau/ 4.3.0.1: FULL CORE LANGUAGE, INCLUDING TC1
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout