From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-17 10:38:38

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 10:53 AM, David Abrahams wrote:

> You might also infer how good a compiler's language support is in
> some cases, but that takes a much more sophisticated view.

Most pointy-haired managers and newbies are convinced they are
sophisticated enough to use the results in this manner. I'm seeing
this more and more often on the newsgroups:

> Vendor X is <better than / comparable to / etc> Vendor Y according to
> the boost tests!

Here is an actual quote from comp.std.c++!

> As for standard conformance , maybe you can check boost compiler status
> page ( www. boost .org/compiler_status.html ).
> That is by no means official conformance test ,
> but I found the data listed very illustrative.

I am quite convinced that I am not sophisticated enough to use the
results in this manner without at least a couple of months work (if not
more).

-Howard