From: Miroslav Silovic (miro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-27 09:48:51

Brian McNamara wrote:

>I would like to see if there is interest in incorporating the FC++
>library into Boost.

Whoa! I've taken a look into FC++ at one occasion and found it most
impressive. :)

>With regards to (1), I hope yes, but the Boost Lambda Library has a bit
>of conceptual overlap with FC++, so I can imagine this issue being
>potentially contentious. (FC++ and Lambda ostensibly provide much of the
>same kinds of functionality, but while there is overlap, each library
>does a lot of "its own thing" too. I (and Jaakko too, probably) can say
>more about this if necessary.)

I've written some code of my own that uses lots of functoids (basically,
sort of not-quite continuations) and found out to my horror that
Boost::lambda (and the entire STL machinery in general) is not very
comfortable with them. If the inclusion of FC++ into Boost could provide
a greater compatibility between template<T> struct ... { operator() ...}
and struct ... { template<T> ... operator(); } worlds, that would be a
very worthwile goal in its own right. :)

    Miro