From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-09 12:16:03

At 11:49 AM 7/9/2003, Marshall Clow wrote:

>At 7:09 PM -0700 7/6/03, Marshall Clow wrote:
>>The last 3 or 4 times that I have tried to check out the "latest
>>boost", the checkout
>>gets most of the way through, and then hangs.
>
>Is anyone else seeing this, or am I the only one?

If you are accessing CVS via SSH (developer), you should not have any
problem. In fact CVS access has been very fast and reliable lately for me
doing SSH access.

That's the good news. The bad news is that the reason SSH access is faster
is that SourceForge is serving pserver (anonymous) access off a backup
machine, and it is so overloaded that there have been many complaints. See
the Souceforge site status page at
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1 for
more information.

Last week I filed a support request for with them, but no action so far.
Their suggestion that we make a tarball available doesn't really work for
Boost, because a tarball is up to 10 megabytes, depending on the exact
format.

Hope this explains what is happening to you (and others). We do care, and
will keep working on Sourceforge to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

--Beman