From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-17 07:55:48

Le mer 16/07/2003 à 10:51, Drazen DOTLIC a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> There was a message few weeks ago that did not get satisfactory answer

hm, I may have missed this message..

> IMHO. It's about compiler workaround in boost/format/feed_args.hpp (note
> that we use VC7.1):
> [original]
> #if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_MSVC, BOOST_TESTED_AT(1300))
> [fixed]
> #if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_MSVC, <= 1300)
>
> At the same time, in msvc_disambiguater.hpp:
> [working]
> #if defined(BOOST_MSVC) && BOOST_MSVC <= 1300 // this whole header is
> specifically for msvc
>
> The problem is that macro [working] is, well, working, but the
> [original] doesn't, and they should work together (by design) - again,
> all this with VC7.1. My proposal is that if we are all to use these
> macros, we should use them consistently, and if we do, I'd rather see
> the version marked as [fixed] above - it does the same thing (according
> to the docs) and is more readable, or we fix the macro (or the compiler

you're right there was an inconsistency.
but the lines you're quoting are not in CVS anymore, I commited the fix
in the end of march (unless I had trouble with CVS, like commiting in a
branch or something), it's now :

[feed_args.hpp]
#if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_MSVC, <= 1300)

[msvc_disambiguater.hpp]
#if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_MSVC, <= 1300) // this whole header is
specifically for msvc

which is consistent, and adequate with the fact that we know VC7.1 can
compile without the workaround (and expect all later versions to)

regards,

--
Samuel