From: Drazen DOTLIC (Drazen.Dotlic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-16 03:51:07

Hello,

There was a message few weeks ago that did not get satisfactory answer
IMHO. It's about compiler workaround in boost/format/feed_args.hpp (note
that we use VC7.1):
[original]
 #if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_MSVC, BOOST_TESTED_AT(1300))
[fixed]
#if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_MSVC, <= 1300)

At the same time, in msvc_disambiguater.hpp:
[working]
#if defined(BOOST_MSVC) && BOOST_MSVC <= 1300 // this whole header is
specifically for msvc

The problem is that macro [working] is, well, working, but the
[original] doesn't, and they should work together (by design) - again,
all this with VC7.1. My proposal is that if we are all to use these
macros, we should use them consistently, and if we do, I'd rather see
the version marked as [fixed] above - it does the same thing (according
to the docs) and is more readable, or we fix the macro (or the compiler
:) I don't know who is to blame (macro or compiler or both), but after
reading boost/detail/workaround.hpp I don't see any advantage in using
[original] over [fixed], IMHO the [fixed] is more readable and clearly
states intent.

In my company we have fixed this in our own CVS, but I feel uneasy
patching external libraries like this, so if someone with full access to
boost CVS could fix this, we would very much appreciate it.

Drazen