From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-03 07:26:54

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:50:09 -0400, David Abrahams wrote
> I'm just getting started with the date_time library, and I think I'm
> gonna like it.

Let's hope so!

> I have some quibbles with the naming choices though
> (shocking! me of all people!) For example, why is the nested
> namespace called posix_time instead of, simply, posix? Once you're

Seemed clearer to me that it would be limited to time and not presume to
encompass all of posix.

> in a date_time context it seems to me that _time adds nothing.
> Similarly, what's the "p" in ptime stand for? I can guess, but I
> can guess it's also redundant ;-)

My first choice was 'time'. However, as I recall I ran into some nasty macros
that interfered with that name, sigh. time_point would be another
possibility, but it is longer. I'm certainly open to suggestions...

Jeff