From: Jan Gaspar (jga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-08 02:53:59

Hi Pavel!

> > > 9. circular_buffer_base.hpp and circular_buffer_adaptor.hpp:
> > > instead of check
> > >
> > > #if !defined(BOOST_NO_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ORDERING) || defined(BOOST_MSVC)
> > >
> > > is enough to use
> > >
> > > #if !defined(BOOST_NO_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ORDERING)
> > >
> > > (it is defined for MSVC).
> >
> > I don't know why, but this does not work. You have to include "||
> > defined(BOOST_MSVC)" too.
> >
> Works on my machine, hmm...
>
> It may be too pessimistic for future versions of MSVC.

It doesn't work for MSVC. (If you look into boost/config/compiler/visualc.hpp you
will see that BOOST_NO_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ORDERING is defined.)

> Few more notes:
> 1. It may be good to mention exception safety in the documentation (the
> basic safety guarantee, that is).

It is already in the documentation. (See end of rationale.)

> 19. circular_buffer_adaptor.html: is the first rule for invalidation of
> iterators valid? Shouldn't there be "MAY invalidate all iterators
> when buffer grows/shrinks, the rules from circular_buffer<> apply as
> well"?
>
> Second rule here is the same as for circular_buffer<>.

I don't want the users to care about growing/shrinking. I want to say that the
mentioned operations do always invalidate iterators. The users shouldn't care that
sometimes the iterators stay valid.

--
Jan Gaspar | jga_at_[hidden]
Whitestein Technologies | www.whitestein.com