From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-16 19:11:00
At 03:53 AM 10/16/2003, Joel de Guzman wrote:
>...What are the procedures for a fast-track review?
I updated more/formal_review_process.htm yesterday, but Thomas hasn't had a
chance yet to review the procedures yet. So they are subject to change.
Fast Track Reviews
To qualify for fast track review:
* The component must be small.
* The technique must be already in use in Boost libraries and the new
component provides a common implementation.
* A full Boost-conformant implementation is available in the sandbox.
* The Review Wizard determines that the proposal qualifies for fast track
* The Boost Review Wizard posts a review announcement to the main Boost
developer's list. The review period will normally last for 5 days. No two
fast track reviews will run in parallel.
* Fast track reviews may run during full reviews, though generally this is
to be avoided.
* After the review period ends, the submitter will post a review summary
containing proposed changes to the reviewed implementation.
* The Review Wizard will accept or reject the proposed library and proposed
* After applying the proposed changes, the component is checked into CVS
like any other library.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk